Friday, April 30, 2010

The time is here

Heart surgery on Tuesday. As much as I'd like to put it off forever due to fear, the time is here, and I am oddly kind of ready for it. I am tired and have no energy, and the stress of "not knowing" is INSANE!!!

I am putting a picture so you can see what the anatomy of the heart and the valve that needs to be replaced. In the picture you will notice there are three little "flaps" which is known as being "tri-cuspid". I was born with a "Bi-cuspid" or two flaps. Hence, my heart is wearing out the valve faster then normal.



So, I will go in Monday, 5/3 for an arterial catheterization procedure, and will stay there for surgery Tuesday Morning. I will update the blog when I am home.
Say a prayer and wish me good karma, luck, zen....whatever you wish!!










1 comment:

la maestra said...

You're going to do GREAT in there! We'll be rooting for you from the PNW!