Sunday, May 1, 2011

So much new news!

So many new things have happened since I last blogged, I am not sure where to start! I spose I will start with the fact that I made it here to Oregon! Brion and I took a 10 day drive and stayed with family along the way, and here we are
We ended up in a dumpy little apartment, but at least we had a roof over our heads, so it was fine for a short stint. I will elaborate on the "fun" we have had here after a bit. My second chunk of news I spose would be the fact that I landed a job with the Oregon State Police. I work in thier general headquarters and do "records management". That translates to; I make sure the reports are in the computer, coded correctly, preserved for ever and ever, and that sort of fun stuff. The job really isn't "me" persay, but its a state job, so of course the benefits cant go wrong!!
Last, but certainly not least by a long shot, is my news that I bought a house!! Its actually a mobile home, but its big and spacious and in 10 years will be mine. The costs to move in werent much more then it would have cost me for deposits on a new place, and I knew we had to get out of where we were.
Things started falling apart on day two of apartment life....the towel bar broke off, the fridge never had the bars that hold food on the door, the dishwasher never had the thing to hold silverware (which sounds like a little thing but I seriously HATE washing silverware by hand....silly, I know!!)
Into about week two, the toilet overflowed for no apparent reason....2 inches of water all over the floor is bad though! especially when they never calked along the tub, so water just went right on through!! Other fun things in the apartment became apparent after a month or so.....Black mold growth all over the place....the morning the garbage disposal exploded was a fun one too! Picture if you will; Amy running around getting ready for work at job #2 (my part time job with a group home facility here in town) and cleaning out the fridge, cause she spots something taking on its own life form.....food goes down the disposal, and Amy unknowingly hits the disposal switch. The grinding starts out just fine....and suddenly BAM!! SPLOOOSH!! SPEW!! the thing explodes like a volcano out the OPPOSITE SIDE dousing Amy (in her work clothes of course) with goodies like onions, week old refried beans, leftover spaghetti from sometime in the previous two weeks.....you get the idea. It was gross!!!
Anyway, I digress, so I shall just post some new pics of my new house for those of you who want to see it. They all posted backwards...was going to start at the outside and work in, but I am still a blog newb, so I guess you get to start inside!!





The Laundry Room



Looking into the dining room




looking into the kitchen




The Living room






Front door side of the place



My little yard




So....Welcome to Oregon Amy!! I love it here so much and have had so much fun being able to enjoy my nephew more. He is the most amazing kid and so much fun!




















1 comment: