Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Home sweet Home!!

Well, I am finally home from a whirlwind trip to Oregon. I had a wonderful time and wouldn't trade it for anything, but BOY AM I POOPED OUT!!!
To make things even better, Hurricane Ike is on his way through and it looks as though he is comming right through here. They are predicting up to 100 mile winds whipping through San Antonio. For the latest on Ike, you can check out:


http://www.stormpulse.com/fullscreen/current

The part about Ike that is the worst, is that when evacuees come to the san antonio area (which they always do, because we are the hub of all freeways and inland enough to usually be safe.), I am called on to help.
My agency does evacuation/disaster relief............so instead of the sleep I need to catch up on, I might be handing out tylenol and blankets to people staying in shelters in our local area.

It doesnt sound like much, I realize, but when you are displaced from home with almost none of your belongings, not knowing what you will be going back to (if anything!), any peace of mind you can get is most welcome! So, I guess my sleep will wait for a few days!! =)

I will add more photos of my vacation when I catch up on some much needed sleep (I am taking a two hour lunch break today to start on my catching up!!!)

No comments: