Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Diary of a fat girl

Ok...so I have decided that my life is out of control and I seriously need to do something about it, so I figured "where better place to put my struggles, feelings, and victories then my Blog for all the world to see?" *facepalm*
I figure if I document my progress and kept honest here, it would be easier.
For those of you who read this (my family and friends) please dont chastise every bite i stick in my mouth or rag about my working out....just be quietly supportive and be there when I need a boost of self confidence!
Recently two special men in my life have motivated me and made me want to better myself, so I want to thank you Brion and Corbett for your support, quiet encouragement and lesson by example.
Corbett, I might not say it enough, but you motivate me so much, and talking with you about your struggles to lose weight, set backs and "getting back on track" really really do make me think that this time I can do it. Even our conversations about what spices help make food taste better. =)
Brion....your workouts and lifechanging habits in the face of much adversity and negativity make me convinced that I can do this, even on a shoestring budget. I dont need a fancy gym, just the motivation to move!!!
Anyway, I am not going to put my weight on here but I will post some pictures for a "before and after" thing so I can look at them and see the changes....its hard when you see it every day, to see where you are making progress.
My habit changes are going to be in two parts: 1- portion control and 2-excersize. I figure any change i can make in these two areas are positive ones, so I will start slow and grow from there.
Day 1: Got up 30 minutes early and danced till I sweat. I figure to start a healthy routine, I should do something I like...and I love to dance, so dancing it is!! I even used resistance bands part of the time. Really feel great today! Might even throw in some excersize tonight when I get home.


3 comments:

la maestra said...

Good for you sister! If anyone has the willpower to do it- it's you!
I love you and will support you all the way!
XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

AntiStereotype said...

Thats right baby, Just do it, cliche I know, but in the end, Thats all you need to do. I will be ther ewith you every step of the way.

Corbett said...

That's great to hear Amy. Another thing that I would recommend is: small substitutions for any of the more unhealthier foods you might eat. For me it was a multi-stage thing. I couldn't go from burgers to fruit salad. I slowly changed out the fries for some fruits, and then I'd replace the burger with some chinese food (maybe not the best, but in my mind it was the lesser of too evils). Eventually I was able to switch that out to something else that was healthier. Small steps. Also, in my case, I had to accept that I don't have the strongest will power over certain foods. So I decided not to feel guilty when I would "break down" and eat those. I just did my best not to eat that same thing tomorrow, or the next day. Eventually I reduced the cravings to the point where I would only eat that particular bad food once ever two months. Ultimately it's a change in life style, and that takes a long long time, and it takes a lot of self inspection and awareness. I wish you the best of luck with it, and if you need anything, let me know.